December 21, 2009

Wrap Sheets

The same dining room table that served as a buffet just a week ago is now a gift-wrapping station.

Talking about best and worst Christmas presents, I recalled a particular gift I received several jobs ago from the group of architects for whose projects I provided administrative support. I returned from lunch to find an 8 oz. jar of dipping chocolate unwrapped but with a bow on top and, best of all, the $5.99 price tag still affixed.

I wasn't looking for anything from work colleagues, so the sentiment was considerate ... but the obviously thoughtless gesture was so much worse than getting nothing. Feigning sincere appreciation for the thing might have been the finest acting performance of my career.

- jpg

1 comment:

  1. Sucks! Did you fling it off a CTA platform in disgust? Perhaps that'd be littering.

    ReplyDelete